They are sailing in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john kivel

I am still waiting for launch day. I mentioned in March that there was a day that almost reached 65 and I wanted to launch just to say that I did (and there was no ice in the lake). Alas, April, for me, is for yard work, May is for sailing. However, I was in Chicago on Tuesday when it was really not all that warm and the windy city was living up to it's nickname, and I saw a whole fleet of 12 foot something or others racing about near shore. There were plenty of masts dipping in the lake and folks hiking out till their head got wet, and I am guessing the water temp in lake Michigan right now is . . . . . cold. I had both hands on the wheel as I rocketed down lakeshore blvd (not really all that used to city driving) so I didn't get too good a look. Still, they seemed like stalwart souls, and it's nice to see someone in this latitude sailing. John

J

Jeff Wessel

Coming soon!

Hi John, Don't worry, we will be out soon. I saw that lake Michigan was 43 degrees in my area. We will begin our racing season May 4. It will be here before you know it. Jeff

T

T J Furstenau

Plan on splashing tomorrow

I'm on Lake Michigan, and keep my boat north of Chicago, and the plan is to have it go in tomorrow. I had actually considered putting it in two weeks ago, but forecast was 35 knot winds, gusting to 45, and wasn't THAT desperate to get the boat in the water. The thought of them hoisting the boat with that much wind unnerved me a little. Tomorrow's forecast? 65 degrees and west winds 10-15, perfect! T J

Status
Not open for further replies.