Thetford 37006 Pump

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Anyone have a good source for Thetford pumps? I'm replacing the pump on my WC Newport head and all of my searches yield parts and maintenance kits and not pumps.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Sea Era electric

I did change to sea era electric sea water type and I don't use sea water for
flushing but if I was away from fresh water refilling I could and would only if can;t refill with fresh water.
So many ways to flush with fresh water and I choose to hook up a fresh water sprayer like on home kitchens and just hit the button to flush and spray with fresh water as needed,fresh water is so much better and helps keep smells away and the head stays nice and no build up of salt water in hoses and guts of head.
The other real good electric head is the elegance electric model and have heard very good things about it.
nick

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Was hoping to just switch out the pumps so I don't have to do too much work but looks like I'm going to have to go with something like the Sea Era since the 37006 isn't manufactured anymore. I do use fresh water to flush (plumbed to head sink drain with a "Y" so there's no connection to fresh tank). Thanks for the advice...it's probably the best option, especially since it can be turned so I won't have to replumb.