These chairs might be cool for the boat.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Pretty ingenious, but I'd like to see larger bases so they don't sink in sand or loose soil. They could be on pivot pins so they fold too. That's just me...

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
More hinges, locks and parts just provide more opportunity for something to go wrong. Perhaps ideal for hiking or events but as long as we have the space in the boat we will continue to carry full size foldable chairs

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
Slick idea, but the seat is only 10 inches off the ground. That sounds too low for my comfort. @dlochner I'll be interested to see what you think.

@All U Get I have a chair like that to use in my deer blind. I used it once and after an hour my back was killing me. Dimensions could have been different though.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
@pateco Well, I'm either gonna love you or hate you for posting this video. I'll let you know when the chairs arrive. :biggrin:
Let me know what you think, I am thinking about getting at least two for the boat.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
i saw a very slick folding wooden chair design, with a high back, which a sailing friend had constructed for his sailboat. they had canvas seats to match his boat canvas, and folded flat. they were very comfortable and a very cool design. my photos of them seem to be lost amongst the 10 000 pics on my i phone at present.. if any of u woodworkers are seriously interested i'll try to dig them up and post them???