Thermostat and Yanmar 2GM20f

Dan_Y

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 36 Hampton
Wow ... how clean! She has never been sprayed by salt water either! Just awesome. :)

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Hi Ralph, so how did you get that arrow onto your photo? Cut and paste?
Eyes of a hawk, hands of iron, and nerves of steel.

Arrow.jpg

Drawn by hand in this day of everything done by computer. The program I use came with a camera I bought quite some time ago which doesn't have a library of inserts. More for picture enhancement which it does very well. Have to buy a new camera so I can get a hopefully larger editing program.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Thanks Ralph. So you drew the arrow on a print, then took another picture of the print with the arrow in order to export it here?

Jan 4, 2006
So you drew the arrow on a print, then took another picture of the print with the arrow in order to export it here?
Not exactly. It's all done in the program which produces an edited .JPG from your original .JPG.
Here's a screen grab (showing a bunch of doodles) from the program. Sorry I can't show the tools in use as the screen grab doesn't show them.

MGI.JPG

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
So Ralph, the other question that begs to be asked is how do you keep the engine so clean?

Tim

Jan 4, 2006
the other question that begs to be asked is how do you keep the engine so clean?
Chase every leak as soon as it appears and I've had my share. The top pic is when I still had the vacuum breaker on the water discharge from the heat exchanger. The way my luck goes, it started to leak and sprayed drops of water down the starboard side of the engine. When I finally noticed it, I had a winter project using a Dremel wire brush to remove the minor rust and then re-painted the areas which had been affected. Threw the damn thing in the garbage as my mixing elbow is 5" above the water line and the recommended is 6" (close enough in my books and I keep the sea water thru hull closed when not in use). Minor fuel leaks here and there .............. just remake the joint. Certainly not a full time job and it keeps me off the streets in the winter.

I put on over 100 hours per year as we get next to no wind here in the summer. Any wind that does come by is usually in the form of a small hurricane for a day. So the engine is well used.