The very best memories

Apr 28, 2023
McGregor 26 m Ocean shores
Hello. I don't have any questions. I wanted to share my experience with you all. I have a story.
Several years back me and my Mr. bought a McGregor 26m. We spent monthes customising it and making it ours with electrical upgrades, top of the line fish finder and a lot more. Then it was finally done and we took it to the water and oh the adventures we had! We sailed the San jaun Islands and visited several of them. We spent the whole summer enjoying the boat and our time on it just living an uncomplicated life. The next summer was more of that. And then another and another. We loved our boat. We even took our pit bull pup with us. Then sadly my Mr. Got sick. He had cancer, and it was taking his life away. A day after his birthday Richard Hoyt closed his eyes for the last time. I'm sure he is still sailing his McGregor26m in a dreamy ocean. His children were given his boat and they sold it for nearly nothing and moved on with life. I still think about all the places we saw together and I smile remembering how much he loved it. Thank you to those skilled folks who built and sold us the very best memories a woman could have. Thank you.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I am so sorry to hear about your husband and offer my condolences.

We have sailed in those same waters in which you've sailed and I have to wonder how many times we may have come near you during our travels.

Over the years, I've come to realize that it's the people that generate the happiness on board the boat. It has nothing to do with the size or the newness or the number of gadgets on board. The two of you generated the great happiness on board your boat and I envy you for it.

I hope you can find such happiness again in the future.