The True South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2011
Douglass & McCloud Thistle East of the Hudson
The lady on the cover is not Dolly Parton. Can’t figure out whether she ties in to “Birding With Wendell Berry”, or “Roy Blount’s Mermaid Fantasy.”

Perhaps she’s one of those redefining Southern Belles. Her hat won’t stand in a squall though.

Jul 17, 2009
Endeavour/Chrysler E-32/C-22 swimming pool
Hey Roger your near my old sailing waters. The Marine consignment store in Oriental is a must. Oriental (sailing capital of NC) has a good anchorage and free 48 hour town dock, with everything in walking distance.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Roger, what is your destination?

I must have missed it somehow ... in an earlier thread, when you reached Elizabeth City, I thought you said you were already at your destination, so I figured you were staying put somewhere in N.C. for the winter.

But then maybe you meant that wherever you may happen to be, that's your destination ... in any case, you could do worse than Oriental.

Sue and I had a relaxing few days there this summer before the hurricane. It sounds like they were hit dead on and it will be interesting to see the affects. Somehow, I believe that they tend to roll with those punches fairly easily.

Here is a view from a public pier ...

and Sue as a Southern Belle ...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.