The Silly Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
I lurk about on a number of forums including automotive and audio recording in addition to sailing (of which this is the best, of course!). I have noticed that this time of year seems to bring out the most antagonism, lack of respect, trolling, etc. among normally civil posters on all sorts of diverse subjects. I figure that this time of year (at least for those of us on the north side of the equator) brings out the worst in a bunch of shack-wacky, computerized troglodytes like myself. I reckon we ought to all stand outside in the cold, the snow, the rain, whatever, and CHILL for a minute before we press SEND. A little respect, consideration and kindness get the point across without ruffling feathers. ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT???? :cussing:

(please feel free to vent on this thread and keep it civil in the rest of the forum!)

:naughty:

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Nova Scotia? Ya mean the water unfreezes sometime during the summer for you to sail at all???

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
I've been on the other forums...and prefer to come Here because it Is so civil and mellow...

('cept for that one smart arse comment on how they are called "blocks"not "pulleys"...;) )

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
If we missed a little brush fire somewhere on this site please let us know. :)
All good Phil. We appreciate how you run this forum and, most of all, how all the to and fro makes us better sailors. Sometimes some of us old fellers get a bit ruffled by some of the new fellers who are still testing the depth of the waters...seems to get a little worse this time of year. If any serious disrespecting happens in our neck of the woods, we'll be sure to let you know sheriff!
:D

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I take no credit, the guys to thank are Scott and Maine Sail. They do most of the policing and set the tone around here. The most I do is step in as the executioner when someone craters.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Oh Yeah ..........................

........................... says you from the comfort of Nova Scotia.

Now out here on the Wet Coast, we've really got something to gripe about :cussing::

It rains so much out here, everyone has developed webs between their toes :cry:

Everyone always looks like they've got a year 'round tan ..... it's RUST :eek:

We always say Vancouver is the most beautiful place on earth ........... on both days it doesn't rain :doh:

Goin' back into hibernation until the weather gets a little better.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Yeah.... we do all the dirty work and Phil gets all the fun part with the BAN Button ;)

I have to say with the size of this site ( very close if not bigger than the other big ones ) it is a very reasonable and knoweldgeable group. I seldem have to step in and "Moderate", which is a big tribute to everyone here. I've always been impressed by that fact. :D

Of course, with the ice season upon us, people get stir crazy...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.