The improbable voyage of an Anchorage man who tried to sail to China to see his wife and son

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Betting there will be a "Go Fund Me" site popping up soon. BTW, speaking of GFM sites, any news on those two kids from Fl who wrecked their boat, had one given to them and started off again? How about those two women and their crazy story about being stranded for weeks, or months, rescued in the Pacific?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
WoW!

If he ain't crazy he then he has some big brass ones. I'm going with crazy but as they say....you are only crazy if you fail. :yikes:

Jan 19, 2010
Actually that might be a record. What is the smallest trans-atlantic? I'm thinking it was about 12' boat. It has been awhile since I read those books but a dinghy across the pacific might be a new record.

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
It seems like it would be a much lesser task to just get a job and save up some money for an airline ticket.
Where's the fun in that?? ;) Also, it is probably nearly impossible for a guy with a criminal record to get a job...

Jan 19, 2010
It seems like it would be a much lesser task to just get a job and save up some money for an airline ticket.
No passport... that is why he wanted to sail. It is mentioned in the article.

Jul 21, 2016
san juan 7.7 wabamun
So, a convicted sex offender leaves his country illegally, enters another illegally, all in search of his own kid that he hasn't had anything to do with for multiple years.
Oh yeah, he also killed his last girlfriend by vehicular homicide!
Sounds like his ex doesn't or shouldn't want him around the kid anyways. I sure wouldn't want him around mine!