The 260 is home!

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
Very nice! We tried to buy one but there were issues turned up by the survey. I couldn't have pulled it with my Mountaineer anyway. Good Luck!

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
Thanks, @Ottdreamer . I've already looked at that one, but it's not a great deal. He's done a lot of work I'm not satisfied with and would have to undo. It doesn't have a trailer, so it's worth thousands less (to me), and he's asking too much even if it did have a trailer. Too bad, because it's practically in my back yard!

Jul 2, 2021
Hunter 260 Ottawa
Thanks, @Ottdreamer . I've already looked at that one, but it's not a great deal. He's done a lot of work I'm not satisfied with and would have to undo. It doesn't have a trailer, so it's worth thousands less (to me), and he's asking too much even if it did have a trailer. Too bad, because it's practically in my back yard!
We paid 27500 CAD for our boat. I consider it a reasonable price. The previous owner has kept thorough records.
I see what he paid for it in 2007, Crazy Dave's invoice. Also included in his paperwork is a quote from 1999 when the PO priced out a 260 new.

Trailer updated with electric disk brakes. ALl new tires including spare.
Bottom fared and repainted.
new main and spinnaker. Stack pack. (includes old main and cover just only 7 years on them)
autohelm, wind and speed.
motor 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke 2013, low hours
marine toilet.
VHF and radio.
XL bimini, companionway cover, and companionway pop top.
cockpit cushions.
batteries with charging system from motor. (plan on solar)
9000 btu AC and heat.
furler.

I think 27500 was reasonable. Finding a loaded boat is only going to cost 5k more than a poorly appointed example, IMO.

The Vancouver boat did have some woodwork I would likely remove.

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
@Ottdreamer ,

The Vancouver boat has come down since I looked at it, but it's still too high, for me, for a boat without a trailer. As I noted in a different thread, there doesn't seem to be a price difference between boats with trailers and boats without trailers, so I can't say that his asking price is too high, for that reason. Only that it's too high for me. Tack CAD 8,500 (the cost of a Magic Tilt BG0089) onto his asking price and you'll see what I mean.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Good to see one of my children has a new home. Most do not have heat and air like your boat has. What is the hull number?

Crazy Dave

Oct 19, 2006
Hunter 27-3 Brownsville, VT/Mystic, CT
When we got 2-foot-itis a few years back and wanted to move up from our 23.5, we really wanted the 260, but couldn't find any in acceptable condition near our marina/cruising area (Mystic CT). As it happens, when we searched in this size range on the various websites, our eye was caught by a wing-keel 2007 H27 in cherry condition less than 100 miles away in Stamford CT. Even though the thrift in me loved putting the 23.5 on the hard in the backyard on her trailer offseason, we bit on the 27 and have been very, very pleased. Still, I know we would have enjoyed the 260 option if we could have found the right one.

Of course, with the 27 the cost of playing went up considerable because she goes on the hard at the marina now... :mad:

Apr 11, 2014
Hunter 260 Lake Lanier
When we got 2-foot-itis a few years back and wanted to move up from our 23.5, we really wanted the 260, but couldn't find any in acceptable condition near our marina/cruising area (Mystic CT). As it happens, when we searched in this size range on the various websites, our eye was caught by a wing-keel 2007 H27 in cherry condition less than 100 miles away in Stamford CT. Even though the thrift in me loved putting the 23.5 on the hard in the backyard on her trailer offseason, we bit on the 27 and have been very, very pleased. Still, I know we would have enjoyed the 260 option if we could have found the right one.

Of course, with the 27 the cost of playing went up considerable because she goes on the hard at the marina now... :mad:
are you by chance still interested in a 260 if one were available?

Oct 19, 2006
Hunter 27-3 Brownsville, VT/Mystic, CT
are you by chance still interested in a 260 if one were available?
We've actually got a case of 6-foot-itis now! We have our eye on the H33 model from the same production era. Something about getting older that craves more creature comforts!

Unfortunately, with the tightness of the market in this Covid era, inventory gets snapped up in a heartbeat and demand is inflating prices, so we don't realistically anticipate a move before the end of the '22 season or the start of '23. As with what happened with the price of lumber in the past 18 months, we're hoping some normalcy will return to the market and balance out the supply/demand curve so prices aren't so crazy.

Tp3

Jul 10, 2022
Hunter 260 CA
Good to see one of my children has a new home. Most do not have heat and air like your boat has. What is the hull number?

Crazy Dave
We are now the new owners of the H260 that @Ottdreamer purchased last year. We've downsized from a 1993 Hunter Legend Series 33.5 to make boat maintenance easier as we age. We will be launching her this Friday.