That was a great rendezvous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
I want to thank all that came to the LOHSA 2006 Rendezvous at Port Credit, Ontario. It was fun meeting everybody, both new and renewed friendships. I want to remind those that are not on the membership list of our website at www.lohsa.com to sign up when you can. Ruth and I are on our way to Lake Erie via the Welland Canal so I won't have a chance to update the membership list until our return. Please gather the photos that you took and prepare them for e-mail. The link to my e-mail address is on the website. Please hold off sending pictures until I get home. I will notify everybody when that is, probably early to mid August. For those that didn't attend the rendezvous: You missed the biggest and best ever with about 45 boats attending and a weekend full of activities. It was topped off by a fireworks show Saturday evening. Election of new club officers are: Commodore: Ben Forrest Vice Commodore: Chuck Weidner Thank you for the past year as your commodore, and I look forward to another year in this growing organization. Have a great sailing season. .....Ken Palmer.....(Aboard Water Colors on the way to Lake Erie)

G

Gary Grant

Getting Loopy

Ken, Again, we were sorry to miss the rendezvous. However, we did make a Hunter rendezvous in Georgian Bay. It was an informal weekend affair but we had a wonderful time. We also were offered a chance to step our mast for free with free labor from the Vice Commodore. That made up for the very high cost we incurred in Belleville taking it down. We are enjoyed our trip to Georgian Bay and Lake Huron. In fact, we have been having such a good time that we have decided not to return home as planned. We have joined our friends as they continue on the Great Loop to Florida. We are currently on Lake Michigan headed down the eastern shore toward Chicago. I was glad to hear about the success of the rendezvous in Port Credit. Thanks for your service as Commodore. Gary Grant

Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
Good on you Gary

Sorry for the late reply, but I haven't checked the forum in a while. The membership doesn't seem to use it much. Oh well... The Great Loop! That is amazing! Ruth and I joined the Great Loop Association a few years ago and were members for one year. We decided to not renew the membership since we don't plan on taking our boat on that trip. I suppose that taking the mast down again in Chicago will be one of the expenses one must bare for that trip. At least I understand you can put the mast back up after that low bridge out of Chicago. I have also read where the government is thinking about closing the path out of Chicago to stop the spread on some dangerous marine life into the Great Lakes. Are you maintaining a blog? They are usually free and one way of keeping all of your friends posted on your wonderful voyage. Ruth and I went through the Welland Canal after the rendezvous and had a view of life on Lake Erie. I guess there is time enough for that story later. Please keep in touch and have a great cruise. Ken & Ruth

Status
Not open for further replies.