thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k d

I appreciate your input on my former article Ihave seen an incredible range of prices of the 33 is there anything I should look for in a 33 for coastal crusing especialy in way of electronics ,and saftey equipment? all help appreciated. kd

S

Steve Beynon

H33 ideas

I have sailed our H33 for 3 years on Georgian Bay and the North Channel. Although it is not the ocean it can get very choppy very quickly. My thoughts The standard prop is not enough for heavy going. Swtich to a 3 blade. The standard rigging is very very efficient but a furling system would make single handed and rough weather sailing easier We took out the oven and added a small fridge We are also thinking of getting a multi purpose unit for GPS, depth, speed, RPMs etc mounted near the wheel We also added a bimini to cut down on the sun exposure Hope these help

J

Jim O'Brien

H33 ......

I just returned from the Atlantic City Sailexpo, and the more boats I see (and the price tags) the better I love my H33. The only thing that I am envious about is the Aft berth in the newer Hunters. However I like the wide-open layout of the 33 and my wife feels clostrophobic in the aft berths of the newer hunters (thank God for small favors). I go along with the roller furling thing to make single handling easier. I would also recommend an autopilot.

B

Brad

H33 additions

I would echo the earlier comments, I too replaced the oven with a refrigeration unit, have roller furling and a bimini. The bimini needs to be customized if you have the split backstay. I also found an anchor mount on the bow pulpit was rather handy. The water heaters on the 33s can present a bit of a problem as eventually the ones I have seen have rusted out and needed to be replaced. They don't fit through the locker and must be crushed or chopped for removal(unless you widen the locker hatch). I replaced mine with a 2.5 gallon 120 volt unit from a hardware store. The YS pedestals seem to have some problems as well, so replacing it with an Edson may be on the horizon. Good Luck, for the money the H33 is a lot of boat.

T

Tom M.

what isit that you want to do with your 33 ?

I can suggest this or that, but knowing what your intentions are, your goals, i'll keep it to the basics. 1st add 2-3" cowls w/dorades fwd in the head , then add 2 to the aft. of the main cabin, thus giving you air circulation, when weather is nasty and you can't open any ports, add 2 horriz. grabrails in the main cabin's ceiling, add bruce or CQR plow w/roller to bow, make sure you know how your main reefing sys works and use it, add additional reef point or points to your main, you can add small horriz. grab rails in galley and head, you can add safety deck jacks, either nylon or wire, and add a couple of harnesses, add mtg eyes to mast for harness hookup when working the mainsail, paint your deck and cabintop with sand paint for better traction. These are a few basic items that will raise the safety level of your boat and crew, and now tou can venture into the blue. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.