Thanks, Phil, for hosting the Alden Forum.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
This forum was started over 10 years ago. We're a group of Alden owners (past, present, future), and people interested in these unique boats. Many of our members own Alden's designed in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

These boats were designed during the wood to fiberglass boat building revolution of the 1960's. As well as the style of the time (CCA era), the boats have many unique - wood to glass - qualities of this transitional period in sailboat design.

Please feel free to join in if you're interested in the history, care and use of the more than 1,000 John Alden Yacht Designs that were created in their design offices in Boston Massachusetts, for over a century (John Alden Design closed their doors a few years ago).

DÖS

May 13, 2017
Alden 44 RI
Yes, thanks, great forum. Just bought a 1990 Alden 44. Looking forward to sailing her and glad to have found this site.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
i have an alden caravelle 42. 49th season in the family. my bud had a 44 for 19 seasons.i'm a sailor, not a yachtsman. over 1,000,000 at sea. wanna talk aldens, sailing adens, i'll talk.

they are like duesenburgs, great fun to campaign about.

they are strong like bull, loved to be pushed

jon

Apr 22, 2023
Alden 44 Rockport
are you still active in this forum? I just bought a 1984 Alden 44. Would be nice to connect...
Hello, I have a 1983 Alden 44'. I had some Alden burgees made up and also a local embroidery shop can sew the logo on shirts or other items.