Techniques for cleaning engine

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Actually I think you need the Degreaser 40104, Metal Prep 40204, and the black Rust Preventive Coating 45404. This a 3-step application, then you apply the color matching engine paint. You don't need a quart; a pint is more than enough. This stuff has a shelf life so any remainder may not be usable at a later time. I bought some at my local automotive paint and body repair business. Another boater used it also and I still have most of it left from a pint size.

1569503508515.png

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Actually I think you need the Degreaser 40104, Metal Prep 40204, and the black Rust Preventive Coating 45404. This a 3-step application, then you apply the color matching engine paint. You don't need a quart; a pint is more than enough. This stuff has a shelf life so any remainder may not be usable at a later time. I bought some at my local automotive paint and body repair business. Another boater used it also and I still have most of it left from a pint size.
you know. I just looked at the logo quick. sorry. Rich has the whole product. I just used the "rust preventative coating", I have not used all 3 steps but it wouldn't hurt.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Another boater used it also
That is me!
I followed Rich's instructions and used this engine paint that matched perfectly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00295T6G8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My engine, which is the same as Rich, his was best of the two .
Rich did give me a positive feed back on my results.:biggrin:

My first preparations was detailing PO's corrosion on everything, using a Dremel detailing bit.
Then put on the Metal Prep immediately.

I also used Purple Power for a degreaser.

Thanks again @Rich Stidger
Jim...