Tank system monitor

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Hopefully the forum will propose solutions. I would not worry about it. My 2004 Hunter 386 and current 2005 Hunter 46 tank monitors were/are not that reliable and did/do not rely on them. Even my newer 2020 fifth wheel trailer tank level monitors are not that reliable so I also do not rely on them. Happy to say the fuel gauges are reliable.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
They are notoriously unreliable. Search the forums.
That unit looks like it's toast. Maybe some nearby lighting?

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Probably only the LCD panel is ruined, not the sensor. If you're particularly handy, patient, and can find it, you could substitute another display panel. Alternatively, replace the system. I found the SCAD system with paste-on sensors on plastic tanks to be reliable and fairly accurate.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I went with SCAD. I have to use the internal probe since I have a metal holding tank. Works like a charm. No liquid crystal display. Just simple LEDs.

Mar 17, 2020
Hunter 306 North Vancouver
New Providence Marine create a Snake River compatible tank monitor. I haven't bought one yet, but they said that you can simply replace the panel and use the same senders that you have been using.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
New Providence Marine was actually the tech support part of Ferriello Sales, who made the Profile tank monitors. The Profile systems were discontinued when Dennis Ferriello passed away a little over two years ago. SCAD, who sold a private label version of the Profile monitors, continues to offer replacement parts for them...see "Legacy Tank Monitors" on the SCAD website Scad Tank Monitors

--Peggie

Mar 17, 2020
Hunter 306 North Vancouver
Hi Peggie, I talked with Dave at New Providence Marine a few weeks ago and he said they still provide Profile monitors.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Interesting. When I last talked with him several months ago, he wanted to but doesn't have the marketing skills or ability to do it profitably. I need to give him a call.

--Peggie

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
We had the same Tank Monitor as you. After purchasing the boat, I noticed that the buttons and LCD were shot. I replaced with,

After installing, I still had problems. Our sensors/tape had rotted off. I ended up ordering in the sensors from Tech Edge, all good.

Sep 11, 2019
Yes. You just have to have the tank empty then fill with water or vice versa. Easy peasy.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
That's pretty much how my SCAD system was done.
I had to install an internal probe but calibration was the same either way

Sep 11, 2019
The sensors I had were outside of the tank. Foil strips. All torn up until I replaced them.

Sep 11, 2019
We purchased the boat the boat and she was 18 years old already. The blackwater ( sewage tank) is at the stern of the boat. The previous owners probably stowed stuff down in that hold which eventually tore them up. Not sure about the fresh water, other than the foil was old.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
We purchased the boat the boat and she was 18 years old already. The blackwater ( sewage tank) is at the stern of the boat. The previous owners probably stowed stuff down in that hold which eventually tore them up. Not sure about the fresh water, other than the foil was old.
Ah. Mine is in a covered bin under the batteries. A PITA to get to, but well protected.