Tank Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2007
Catalina 36 Lexington Mi
I am going to add some tank monitors to my boat and am wondering if anyone has installed any of them or used the after market models.

I am looking at the Snake River and See Level brands. They both seem easy to install and are fairly cheap. I am curious if there are any problems with either system.

Any advice would be appreciated

Jul 8, 2004
Hunter 33.5 Portsmouth VA
Check the archives. Lots of chatter there and some good advice.

I prefer the New Providence Marine Profile II product. This product can monitor up to 8 tanks. I purchased mine thru Dennis Ferriiello at (435) 656-0042 or dennis@ferriellosales.com. You can check out the product details at www.newprovidencemarine.com. I installed the system two years ago and am monitoring three tanks - fuel, water and holding. I don't know how we ever got along without the system.

If you are doing a fuel tank, you may be able to use one of the Wema units available in the SBO chandlery.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
Might be worth looking at the new Blue Sea systems monitor. It does tank levels as well as battery levels.

* Three intuitive display modes
* Flexible case design offers three mounting options
* Fully programmable legends and adjustable alarm functions can be customized to fit every boat
* Included in retail packaging—head unit, surface mount bezel, surface mount gasket, DC Current Shunt 8255, AC Current Transformer 8256, Battery Temperature Sensor 1820, connectors, and mounting screws
* Monitors DC systems—voltage, amperage, battery state of charge - amp hours remaining, time remaining, % charge, battery temperature (alarms for all values)
* Monitors AC systems—voltage, amperage, watts, frequency (alarms for voltage, amperage, and frequency)
* Monitors tank levels—fuel, water, waste, (alarms for high level waste, low level fuel, and water)
* Monitors bilge—active, cycle count, volume, duration (alarms for cycles, volume, duration)

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
I have a Sea Level head tank monitor. big problem is that it tells you when the tank is full - not when it is almost full, which would be a lot more useful.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Profile system is my choice

Snake River is no longer in business...all that's left of the company is their remaining inventory, which was bought by distributor in AL in 2007...so no customer service or tech support any more.

The Profile system is you best choice....highest quality, best customer service and support...and their components are compatible with Snake River and Wema systems, so you have to replace the part in one of their systems that failed. Available in both single tank and multiple tank systems.

Jun 7, 2007
Hunter 320 Williamsburg
Poor man's monitors

I removed the aft cabin panel so I can see the levels with a flashlight. Unfailing.

Jul 8, 2004
Hunter 33.5 Portsmouth VA
RE: Poor man's monitors

If it's a poly tank, then the age of the tank may spell "disaster" for the "Poor man's Monitor". My tank is original and has turned dark on the inside. No amount of cleaning will make it translucent enough to see the level with a flashlight, believe me I've tried. The old "tap-tap" method doesn't work well on poly tanks either. One overfill and cleanup cost :doh:could make the price of the Profile system miniscule in comparison.

Jan 24, 2006
- - -
Catalina Monitor Panel, Water, Waste and Fuel

When you come to my site please let me know you are from the Catalina site. All legacy panels ordered have all the current Catalina boats programed in the panel, no need to set each tank name, shape, etc. Of if you like you can set it yourself. This was done to only have one Catalina panel in stock at the Catalina Plant. Makes it very easy for the aftermarket also.
The Catalina panel size is our Legacy 7.0 X 3.8 Version 2.0
Thanks for all the support we have had in the past and now.

Go to
www.ferriellosales.com
dennis@ferriellosales.com

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
I installed the profile II system this past season and used it for about 4 months. It monitors the waste and 2 water tanks. It is extremely accurate and very easy to install. Dennis is a great guy and made the purchase effortless.

I highly recommend.

Jan 24, 2006
- - -
Catalina OEM set up

Thanks so much for mentioning our product. For those who did not know Ferriellosales.com supplies Catalina with there monitoring systems.
In fact if you order our Version 2.0 panel and tell us you have a catalina we will install the OEM set up at no charge. This set up has all of the current Catalina boats they manufacture right in the panel, shape, names everything. Makes set up a breeze. Also you can use the WEMA fuel sender with our panel as it works great.
Thanks
Dennis
www.ferriellosales.com

Check the archives. Lots of chatter there and some good advice.

I prefer the New Providence Marine Profile II product. This product can monitor up to 8 tanks. I purchased mine thru Dennis Ferriiello at (435) 656-0042 or dennis@ferriellosales.com. You can check out the product details at www.ferriellosales.com
I installed the system two years ago and am monitoring three tanks - fuel, water and holding. I don't know how we ever got along without the system.

If you are doing a fuel tank, you may be able to use one of the Wema units available in the SBO chandlery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 24, 2006
- - -
Thanks

Thanks so much for saying this.
I try to treat people like I want to be treated and service comes first.
thanks again for the praise.

Dennis
www.ferriellosales.com

I installed the profile II system this past season and used it for about 4 months. It monitors the waste and 2 water tanks. It is extremely accurate and very easy to install. Dennis is a great guy and made the purchase effortless.

I highly recommend.

Mar 3, 2007
Catalina 36 Lexington Mi
I did purchase the system from Dennis and I couldn't be more happy with it. It was easy to install and setup, and works great. A huge benefit...is Dennis! His help along the way made everything easy. My monitor had a problem and one of the circuts stopped working. I called Dennis, he gave me a couple things to try. when they didn't work he sent me a replacement. I can't recommend them enough. A lot of companies could learn costumer service from him.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
William, you can't go wrong with Ferriollo. Last time I had problem with my Snake River Tank Monitor sensor, Dennis helped by sending to me couple of the sensor head. That help fixed my problem. Good guy. Good tech support.

Ken

Jan 24, 2006
- - -
Ken:
thanks so much for the praise. We try really hard. New Providence is the manufacture which is my friend and Ferriello Sales LLC sells the units, that's me. We were both with Snake River Electronics and left to go on our own. We also do repair work on the Snake River Units. On our 8 tank unit since we are the supplier for Catalina we have all of Catalina's current boats in the OEM memory to make it easy for Catalina owners. I also have free shipping and discounts.
On customer support, our customers are first. On the manufacture we manufacture all our own products and do it all in house.

www.ferriellosales.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 26, 2010
Sunfish, Flying Scot -- Deep Lake
I have a Sea Level head tank monitor. big problem is that it tells you when the tank is full - not when it is almost full, which would be a lot more useful.
What if you recalibrated it so that it thinks it's full when it's actually only almost full?

Status
Not open for further replies.