Tank Monitoring Systems like SeeLevel

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
I'm working on my own because I don't like the RV style systems that are out there for $400.
I found a source for stick-on-outside liquid level sensors, and I've been working on my display... When I'm finished, (it might take a while to fully test, tweak, and package) I may make some more and sell them to whoever wants them.

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
Check out the SCAD tank level monitors Scad Tank Monitors They're top rated, use sensors that are applied to the outside of the tank and are reasonably price...available from muliple sources including Amazon.

--Peggie
Hi Peggie,
Yes, I've looked at them all. None of them are really perfect. I need three tank monitors, and I'm not crazy about the display panels they all make. They are very RV-like or antiquated.
I plan on making a 4x3 square panel (surface mountable) with a 2.5" graphical display, and an HTML WiFi interface as well to go to your phone. I might even put a noise buzzer in there for a warning indicator.
I am using these 7" flexible 6 segment liquid sensors for the tanks. Simlar to the SCAD and SEELevel.
tanksensor.png

Aug 4, 2023
Bavaria 37Cruiser Glenelg
I would be keen to learn more, I have a Bavaria 37 and the waste tank indicator is almost always indicating 75% full even when I know it is flushed clean and empty. I run a design and manufacturing company ARID and am in the process of developing a range of products , we may be able to collaborate on the design and manufacturing :)

Apr 16, 2019
Catalina 310 107 Rogersville, AL
The one I have which is extremely accurate and reliable is a Levelguard 200 two tank system but I believe they either went out of business or sold to someone. The sensors go on the outside but are electronic so much more reliable than all the other foil based sensors.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
I have the SCAD system (2 of the TM2 models). One measures 2 fresh water tanks, the other measures the 2 blackwater tanks. It works well and consumes negligible power. Two issues:
1) setup is very cumbersome and too complicated (the UI is terrible)
2) it goes into setup mode if a crew member holds the button too long to get a reading, and if the crew member continues to push buttons it changes parameters and setup/recalibration is required again :facepalm:
Bottom line - it's OK provided all crew are instructed to NOT hold the buttons down.