tangled halyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
mortyd, that's true. We have a shroud cleat which we use for the flag halyard on our starboard aft lower, and I clip the halyard to that at the end of the day. No twisting, no mast slapping. :) Anyone who leaves their halyard on their headboard will have to figure out a way to stop it from slapping the mast (unless they never stay overnight on their boat and appreciate the true misery of halyard slaps!). Only their neighbors will know for sure.

mortyd

Dec 11, 2004
Catalina 30 easy living
stu, the ninety five percent of the time our halyard does not get tangled around the mast the clip on the stak pak does a fine job of preventing slap just by moving the halyard aft on the boom.

Nov 24, 2011
Catalina 30 San Diego
I just let the main loose to put up the main so my admiral doesn't have to be exactly in the wind to get it up without button problems. Same for dropping it. The track on the mast is a little sticky so I have to go forward to pull down the main and letting the main line go helps here too. I give it to the admiral at the helm, to pull it tight and cleat it before I go aft to tie up the main sheet however. I took a little ride on the boom once, fun but don't recommend it.

Nov 24, 2011
Catalina 30 San Diego
Sorry about the double/ triple post. My iPad hung up and I didn't think it went through. Tried to delete one and made it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.