Table Counerweight

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Peters

The table in my 1995 336 can be raised and lowered and there is a counterweight in the mast support post that assists. The post goes through the center of the table. The weight is stuck about 18" below the opening in the post where the rope between the weight and table comes out. I have determined that it is wet inside the post. Has anyone had this problem and found way to release the weight? Is it a lead weight or of some material that may expand when wet? I believe the water was coming in from around the mast base and I have sealed this. thank you,

P

Patrick Ewing

Counterweight problem

I have a 1991 37.5 which has the problem of a broken counterweight support line. The counterweight would rattle with the movement of the boat After trying various ways to hook it, I finally just dropped some plastic styrofoam beads into the block mounting hole. That stopped the rattle but I am wondering how to remove the weight altogether. Maybe replace with a spring or something that doesn't rattle. Anyone had the pleasure of removing the weight or solving the rattle problem? Thanks, Patrick

A

Alex

Sadly..

..I have exactelly the same problem on my 95' 29.5 .I suppose the weight got stuck due to corrosion built in wet enviroment between the SS mast suport inner wall and the inner weight( probably not SS..) .I haven't solved the problem .I think while unsteping the mast.. if this post can be moved from it's place then- and if it is open ot least at one end..- something ca be inprovized.. I really think Hunter should have their say with a solution for this , since I have read several similar post here in recent years all with same frusrating and anoying problem.

D

Dennis

Solve the Rattle

I learned the solution to the rattle problem on this list serve a year or more ago and it works. Set your table at the right height. Locate the weight in the column. Then drill in and tap the column for a set screw. When you want to move the table, just unscrew the set screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.