T-Top Bimini

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Larry Schroeder

I would like some input from someone who has a t-top bimini.

B

Bruce Grant

Not sure what your asking for, but

I have the factory bimini, what info are you looking for? Regards. Bruce. Neon Moon

L

Larry Schroeder

Bruce Grant's Response

Can't find anyone who has one. Would like an opinion comparing it to the standard bimini. Pros and cons.

L

Larry Schroeder

To Bruce Grant

Bruce Grant, would you email me at schroedie@hotmail.com regarding the bimini? Thank you.

E

Ed Schenck

Mounted just to arch top?

Looked this over at the boat show if you mean the bimini that extends fore and aft from the arch. It's in two pieces and supported only from the top of the arch. The one I saw was laced to the supports and had no other method for attachment. It would provide some shade but could not be folded back and did not come down the sides at all. And I think it was open between the edges of the canvas and the support tubes which would allow a lot of rain in I think.

B

Bruce Grant

Fully Supported

The bimini is fully supported by framing fore and aft, then there are the straps that hold it down which are connected to the cabin top hand holds and the stern rail seats. The bimini is connected to the arch through a tube and plastic insert setup. The plastic insert has a zipper that the actual bimini is attached to. So far, no rain through the connection, very dry in the cockpit during rain. If the one you saw was rigged the same way as the one's at the Dallas boat show, they were just in place to show the overall effect and not the actual mounting. Regards. Bruce. Neon Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.