Synthetic Teak Decking

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I researched the many products out there, including PlasDeck and SeaDek. I selected SeaDek based on cost and reversibility, i.e, product does not have to be glued down. I had a local certified SeaDek supplier scan my Hunter 46. Then he designed it CADD and priced up the project. To minimize scope and cost I limited SeaDek to the companionway, cockpit and stern. The photos show the finished project.

Attachments

Sep 17, 2018
Hunter 23.5 Charleston, SC
Looks great. What was the price?
Also, how is it attached if not glued down?
-Z

Feb 21, 2013
Cost was $1337. I forgot to clarify the SeaDek has sticky backing and does not require glue.

Feb 3, 2015
Marlow Hunter 37 Reefpoint Marina Racine, WI
Was the area that you covered a non- skid surface?

Feb 21, 2013
Only the non-skid was covered. I plan to add SeaDek to the underside of the stern seat next month.

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Cabinet catch for many Hunters

These catches were common on Hunters from the Legend-era through today's Marlow-Hunters. We keep a large stock on hand for emergency shipments or just getting spares.
See the product

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
I used the "the other guy" and was VERY disappointed. I spent almost $500 for one piece for the cockpit. I sent them a CAREFUL layout template that was not digitized correctly. I had to heat the material with a heat gun and stretch it to make it look presentable. Very sad. Your project looks great.

Sep 25, 2008
Catalina 30 MKIII Varuna Boat Club
Got my eva self sticking off eBay for $50. per roll. 36"x 84". I found that laying it as a carpet installer would; without a template worked out pretty much okay. I added a matching wood color plastic cove moulding from Home Depot along forward to aft at the side edges really dressed it out. I used Gorilla glue for that. I enclosed some photos. I hope they attach. Happy Sailing.1 Center.jpg Head 3.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
rpell1, The EVA Fuax Teak Sheet With Adhesive For Boat Flooring looks great!! Nice work and very cost effective.

Feb 21, 2013
Another photo of the companionway and cockpit. Interesting to find out after the cockpit was scanned that it is not symmetrical because the companionway is offset. Side benefits are it is comfortable to walk on and easy to clean.

Attachments

May 2, 2019
Hunter 38 Annapolis, MD
I researched the many products out there, including PlasDeck and SeaDek. I selected SeaDek based on cost and reversibility, i.e, product does not have to be glued down. I had a local certified SeaDek supplier scan my Hunter 46. Then he designed it CADD and priced up the project. To minimize scope and cost I limited SeaDek to the companionway, cockpit and stern. The photos show the finished project.

That looks amazing!