Swing Keel/Bolts in keel locker

Mar 25, 2023
Laguna Windrose 18 Petaluma
So I have a new to me Laguna Windrose 18 that Im ready to put in the water for the first time. My question is regarding the bolts in the locker, see photos. I see two, one is toward the bow end and I think its the pivot point and the other is below the winch. You can also see a spot that has been filled a couple inches further towards the stern. Is it safe to assume that the bolt nearest to the stern is just a keeper pin? What else might it be? Im also going to attach a photo of the hull and visible portion of keel. The keel sits on a roller on the trailer so if I want to try and relieve the pressure(and test out the keel/remove the assumed pin) I have to jack the boat up pretty far and that makes me nervous, I also would need to purchase floor jack. I plan to take it to the water next weekend and cross my fingers that it functions. Is that a bad idea?

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I did a google for the manual. A few different sites seemed to have it but I did not download it. The pin that has been covered over is a common sight on these older swing keel boats. Originally, there was a rubber gasket behind the washer on that pin in that hole... but over time the gasket rotted out and started to leak water into the boat. So being lazy, the PO, covered it over with caulk instead of replacing the rubber gasket.