Swim Ladder Part

Mar 16, 2018
Catalina 310 202 Carlyle, IL
Hello friends,

Does anyone know where I can purchase these vinyl covers on the swim ladder bracket?

Thanks,

Brian

20180805_133842.jpg

May 25, 2004
Catalina 400 mkII Harbor
Yes, i believe that's how Catalina does them too. its been about 7 years and they held up. may need a refresh soon too.
mike

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
I haven’t actually figured this all out yet, but I think those brackets are designed so you can tie a line to the outer sides, and release the swim ladder while in the water, a self rescue trick.
I would love to see that set up.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I looked over at Catalina direct to see what the hub-bub was about... can you use batten-end covers for that?

Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
In response to a rpwillia query, the following/attached is my setup:
To start – fall overboard, then
Step 1 – grab line 1 (as per pic att.) and hang on to it. This lies loosely on top of transom, is a silver floating line attached to the ladder, long enough to fall into the water, but not long enough to foul the rudder or prop.
Step 2 – holding onto line 1 grab line 2 and pull to open the latch attached. You will probably find, that one of the ladder latches is more difficult to open than the other. Mine is the port latch. Therefore, I open the starboard one first as this needs no extra leverage and has the pulling line directly attached to it.
Step 3 – letting line 2 go , but still hanging on to line 1, I now pull line 3 . This is tied to a lever which is attached to the port latch and assists to open this.
(Both line 2 and 3 ends also lie loosely on the transom platform. They are both lead around rear stanchions to provide extra leverage.)
Step 4 – once both latches are open, I pull strongly on line 1 to lower the ladder, making sure that I am safely out of the way.
Step 5 – climb back aboard .
This appears a lengthy procedure, but only takes a few seconds in real life – I tried it successfully, after missing a dinghy I tried to jump into.

Attachments