Surveyor, Wrightsville/Carolina Beach area

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Looking for a surveyor for a sailboat in the subject area.
Thanks,
Bob

Feb 5, 2018
Beneteau 342 Annapolis, MD
Hi Bob, I would call Mike or Evan Andrews 252-202-3121. They are a longtime, family owned surveying firm. I have worked with them over the years and there is significant attention to detail. They are both SAMS surveyors. They have a web presence if you are interested and they are in that neighborhood. What boat are you looking at??

Feb 5, 2018
Good surveyors are often very busy. It is possible that they are further away from the vessel than I thought. good luck with the purchase.

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Thanks, it's complicated. We live in the Houston area, are currently dealing with a death in the family in AR and the boat is in NC. Found a surveyor who would do the survey without me being there, but I really want to attend. It will work out.

Feb 5, 2018
You really should attend. It is a really good idea to be sure the surveyor is an Accredited SAMS or Certified NAMS Surveyor (so that your insurance folks accept the report for their purposes) and if possible a sailor. Our weather on the mid Atlantic Coast is pretty crappy for at least the next month. I would be surprised if the boat got away from you. I have been wrong before but no one is old enough to remember :)

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
We plan to leave the boat in Carolina Beach until at least April before taking it back to TX.