Support for Rod Collins' Recovery

Nov 14, 2013
Catalina 50 Seattle
As everyone here is probably aware, Rod suffered a stroke in December. He survived but is paralyzed on his left side. With Marinehowto.com effectively shut down, he has no income. You can contribute to his recovery fund here:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
We receive some great news yesterday.
Rod posted on the SBO forum again sharing his insights into solving boat electrical issues.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
It just occurred to me that if Rod is posting, we can reply to him. I may be wrong, but I strongly suspect he'd love to hear directly from sbo.com members.

--Peggie

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Yes! When you hear of someone who has suffered a stroke you don't know what the damage is. It is a great relief to see Mainsail's post which indicates to us that he is mentally in the game. He had the answer to the question about the ARC which is such good news. Yes, he has challenges ahead. But as he said he's thankful be be with us and we are all thankful to have him with us. It's Christmas time. Do the right thing.

Aug 7, 2015
Oday 34 previous, O’Day 40 current Annapolis
I was surprised to see the late date posts show up today, more than a month old. For what its worth, and I do wish Rod well, I’ve tried to contact him several times about purchasing an alternator and haven’t heard anything back.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
I was surprised to see the late date posts show up today, more than a month old. For what its worth, and I do wish Rod well, I’ve tried to contact him several times about purchasing an alternator and haven’t heard anything back.
In this thread, Rodd stated that he lost his business (post #42).

Aug 7, 2015
Oday 34 previous, O’Day 40 current Annapolis
I wonder if there is anything we can do to help him save the business or is it totally gone?

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
currently my brother is answering any business emails because I am unable to. This is due to what is called brain fatigue. working on a computer for more than about 30 minutes at a time is kinda like my brain going to Vegas right now. It wears me out to the point that I need to take a nap for about an hour.

The reason you can't get a hold of me is all explained right here: https://marinehowto.com/I'm working my way up to answering emails but that could still be months out. For now I'm answering the occasional form post as long as it's quick and easy. I'm also still learning speech to text software because I can no longer type.

https://marinehowto.com/

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Don't take it personally. In one of his posts he's only able to support folks doing local pickup for items left in his business. I read one post that seemed to infer a family member is helping out with that, so its not really feasible to expect them to respond to non-local requests for purchases, no matter how well intentioned. His situation occurred some time prior to the fall, from what I can gather, so its been roughly 6 mos or so that he's been laid up. If your inquiries were within the last 6 mos I think you can understand why he wasn't responsive.
My stroke happened on September 1 and my business has been closed since. I do have some inventory left but it's for local pick-up sales only

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
God bless. Hope you recover soon.
We all owe RC our support. His advice has saved much time and costs.