Sunset last night

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I'm spending a couple weeks on the boat and have been trying to find some good pictures as Lake Champlain is really lovely. But none of the photos over the past few days seemed worth it, until the sunset last night. At least on my cell phone this one looks pretty decent. Let's see if I can upload it...

dj
MVIMG_20190703_202440.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I like it. Especially the clouds . You caught their dynamic swirl. Cool.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
A real artist's sky. Lake Champlain can be as beautiful as it gets. One of the places on my to sail list.

-Will (Dragonfly)

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I'm spending a couple weeks on the boat and have been trying to find some good pictures as Lake Champlain is really lovely. But none of the photos over the past few days seemed worth it, until the sunset last night. At least on my cell phone this one looks pretty decent. Let's see if I can upload it...

djView attachment 166769
Nice! Was that, by chance, taken off Shelburne Point near Burlington? I remember boats used to pack up there for the fireworks. After the show was over, it was mayhem in the dark as everyone took off.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Close, I was actually anchored in the south Anchorage in Burlington harbor, North of Shelburne Point. And yes, went there to watch the fireworks - which were quite lovely. They had a biplane performing acrobatics prior to the show that was fabulous!

It was a floating city watching the fireworks. I stayed overnight to avoid the mass Exodus. It was quite a sight watching all those boats leave.

dj

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
So come on over and let's go sailing!

dj
I can't express how tempting that offer is and how much more frustrating that makes it because I have too many commitments pulling me in other directions. :banghead:

-Will (Dragonfly)

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
I can't express how tempting that offer is and how much more frustrating that makes it because I have too many commitments pulling me in other directions. :banghead:

-Will (Dragonfly)
All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy... :poke:

dj