Sunforce Marine 600watt Wind Generator

Jan 4, 2008
Yamaha Y25 mkII Long Beach, Ca.
Hello All,
I'll be working on an older Sunforce Marine 600 wind generator in the near future, with an internal noise. I would like to identify what alternator they are using prior to disassembly.
Internet searches and customer support has been futile other than schematic and a parts diagram. We suspect a bad bearing but would like to find the replacement prior to disassembly to expedite the repair. Any insight would be Welcome

Mast up - Centerboard down
Syntonos

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Bearings of any size and configuration are normally pretty easy to get, however it is most efficiently done by taking your old one in and having them supply you with a comparable new one.
We just had the 50:1 gearbox (39 years old and no longer built or parts available) for our RF main rebuilt and they had the bearings even in a place like Trinidad.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2008
the parts list doesn't break down the alternator, only the assembly. I was hoping to come up with alt. model (AC-Delco, Hitachi etc.) prior to having to measure the existing bearing to reduce downtime.
Thanks.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I found a YouTube of someone replacing the bearings

Jan 4, 2008
I found a YouTube of someone replacing the bearings

Excellent, thanks for the lead, that will help greatly. I always like to know where I'm going ...before I get there!
Thanks to all those in the Sailboatowners community ... best resource on the planet.