Sumner, your boats survive Irma?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
The boat seems to of weathered the hurricane. The eye past 20 miles to the east of the yard. Fort Myers got hit pretty hard just 30 miles to the south but then the winds seemed to of diminished quickly between there and the yard according to a friend of mine that lives there and has a boat in the yard. His house is east of the yard and about 10 miles from the eye's track and he estimated winds in the 60-70 mph range and not much damage in his neighborhood.

We really lucked out. I feel for all the people in the Keys and the Caribbean who had major damage to their homes,

Sumner
==========================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Can't believe how lucky we got and no reported damage to most boats that know of and I was in NY at the time and got back home and just some tree damage from trees and just mess of branches falling down,most thought it was going to be much worse.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Agreed Nick. We were also very lucky, though we have not yet been back. The condo in St Pete was unscathed, and we're told the boat is fine except a stern cleat pulled out. It could have been so much worse. We left fully expecting to lose everything we owned except the car we took north.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I called my insurance 2 times to double check because it looked so bad but so lucky and now cleaning and getting ready for sailing again and boat just really dirty still can't believe how lucky we were.
Nick