Suggested whisker pole for H18?

mark2

Dec 10, 2012
Hunter 18 Raleigh
Hi all, now that we are sailing more at the NC coast we have much longer runs (as compared to sailing small inland lakes). We would like to add a whisker pole to our H18 setup for those long downwind runs. I don't see any reference to any Hunter original equipment whisker pole for these boats. Anyone done this and have suggestions? I was considering modifying an collapsible/extending paddle (similar to https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-11826-1-Emergency-25-inch-Telescoping/dp/B07ZJ22XM3) but would prefer a ready made solution...

Apr 11, 2020
MacGregor 26s Scott's Landing, Grapevine TX
Here is a nice, lightweight whisker pole which I use on my MacGregor 26:

You could fashion one yourself from any number of telescoping devices (boat hook, paint roller rod, etc.), but a true whisker pole will come with the quick attach and release hooks at each end, and in the case of the Blue Water Yachts pole, two mounting brackets.

Feb 21, 2019
Catalina 30 TR 3571 Cocoa, FL
Agree with Dave, smallest twist-lock pole that forespar makes is a 4-8 ft @ $150+ which is overkill for just the jib. However, if you really want to spice up your downwind performance and don't mind spending some $$, get that pole + an optional Spinnaker Kit .