Stupid owner recycled his B323 Propane Tank

Aug 2, 2010
J-Boat J/88 Cobourg
New storage yard agreement said I had to remove the cylinder from the boat while stored so I took it home and put it with the other six 25 pounders I had. This winter in a fit of organization I took all the rusty ones and the "odd" one to the recycling depot....or so I think because I now cannot find the one for the boat.
Question: 2007 Beneteau 323 what propane cylinder fits the locker? I don't think a 25 pounder will fit, is it something special? Marine only?

Dan

Jan 2, 2016
Beneteau 49 Little Creek, VA
I got our second tank that was a replica of the one we had on our Beneteau at a gas supply company. An RV store may also be something to look into.

Aug 2, 2010
J-Boat J/88 Cobourg
Thanks Everybody, I will get the measuring tape out and figure what will fit. Sounds like a 10 pounder is the ticket!
Dan

Oct 28, 2021
Beneteau 323 Wiarton
Hello Dan, I acquired a Beneteau 323 this summer (and love it) but the propane tank is 10 years old and cannot be refilled due to its age. Did you happen to find a suitable replacement? Any advice welcome.

Josh

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Josh. You can have a propane tank recertified. Check some of the larger propane companies in your area to see if they offer this service.

Aug 2, 2010
J-Boat J/88 Cobourg
Hello Dan, I acquired a Beneteau 323 this summer (and love it) but the propane tank is 10 years old and cannot be refilled due to its age. Did you happen to find a suitable replacement? Any advice welcome.

Josh
I am even stupider than I alluded to in the title in that I eventually found the cylinder in my stored dinghy.
Sorry I cannot help,
Dan

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
The cylinder in my 323 was a 10 pound aluminum tank.
I’ve seen prices for a new one as much as $300.
I sold it with the boat last month, never used the tank

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
it is hard to understand why you can buy a 20#der for $59 but a 10#der is $300 just blows my mind to think how they overcharge for 1/2 the size.......

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada

Josh
I had my 10 lb revalved couple years ago. Although that was in Parry Sound, but check around with Propane dealers in your areas. You could try Sparlings propane in Wairton

Nov 25, 2018
Oday 28 Wiscasset, ME
On my 343 it is a 1 gal 5 lb tank. When I took it in to get it filled it took 1 gal. There is space for two of these tanks in a 343. I measured the space and the 10 lb tanks I saw for sale would not fit, they were like 15” and too tall. Measure your space.
You can get a 1 gal 5 lb tank for $50 to $75. Flame king makes one for example and lowes had one last time I looked; I have not bought but plan to get one in the spring to have a second tank.

Jan 23, 2021
beneteau 323 Corpus Christi marina
Might be much better to go with smaller 5 lb tank rather than pay so much for 10 lb.
(What I need is new solenoid valve.)