Stove Make and Model

May 12, 2020
Catalina 275 Sport 31 Quincy Bay
Hi Everyone. Does anyone know the make/model of the single burner stove for a Catalina 275? I have the cutout (10-7/8" x 10-1/4") and the cutting boat but no stove! Thanks.

PMK

Dec 3, 2016
Catalina 275S Annapolis, MD
The manual that I have for mine say Seaward Butane Stove Princess Model 1203-1004, 1203-1006.

I have not used mine in a couple of years. Last week I installed a new butane canister and tried to use the burner. It would light, but would not stay lite when I released the ignitor. Anyone have this problem and have a fix for it? Thanks.

May 12, 2020
Catalina 275 Sport 31 Quincy Bay
The manual that I have for mine say Seaward Butane Stove Princess Model 1203-1004, 1203-1006.

I have not used mine in a couple of years. Last week I installed a new butane canister and tried to use the burner. It would light, but would not stay lite when I released the ignitor. Anyone have this problem and have a fix for it? Thanks.
Thank you!

Aug 21, 2020
Catalina 275 Coffs Harbour

I had that problem with it not staying lit. There is a flame sensor adjacent to the burner that allows the gas to flow when it heats up. It has a wire connected to it that had fallen off mine. I resoldered it back on which solved the issue. It's quite awkward to do without removing the stove, but removing the stove is also a big job.

PMK

Dec 3, 2016
Thank you. I checked all wire connections and all are secure. It seems the cause is likely a bad flame sensor. It's unlikely that I can find a replacement. I'll try removing the sensor and connecting the two terminals with a wire.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Thank you. I checked all wire connections and all are secure. It seems the cause is likely a bad flame sensor. It's unlikely that I can find a replacement. I'll try removing the sensor and connecting the two terminals with a wire.
:yikes: I hope you mean as a way to test if its the sensor! That sensor prevents dumping the butane directly into the air and with the wires connected, if the burner goes out you will be putting unburned fuel straight out of the nozzle and into the boat. Can't imagine your insurance company would think this is a good idea beyond the fact that its incredibly dangerous. Just my opinion though. Overriding a safety feature like this is pretty foolhardy unless its just for testing.

Aug 21, 2020
Catalina 275 Coffs Harbour
Actually connecting the wires probably won't work. The flame sensor works by generating a small current when it gets hot so it's not as simple as short circuiting it.

PMK

Dec 3, 2016
Does anyone know a source for replacement parts for the Seaward butane stove? I need to replace the flame sensor on mine. Seaward, the OEM supplier is out of business. Catalina has no replacement parts and said that they are installing a propane stove on more current models and that I can purchase one from them. It's very expensive.