Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
The European Model is hinting about the posibility of a storm forming by this coming Sunday in the area of southern coastal Georgia and tracking up the Eastern Seaboard. It is still early and the probability stands at 50%. It would be most prudent to keep an eye on the weather for the next few days.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
Good catch Benny. I'm not paying a lot of attention now no chance to cruise for a couple of weeks.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
The Baltimore TV weather mentions it in the Wednesday morning report. Might affect the Balt/Annaplois area Sunday into Monday, but it's "Too uncertain" this early".

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Let me guess, you've been using the Weather Channel for forecasting?

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
No, the weatherman from our local ABC weather affiliate. He kind of likes to look into the future a little farther than most and has made a good number of early calls. I know there are boats heading South and a word for them to be on the lookout is the sensible thing to do. There is a large chance that the storm will not develop and we hope it won't.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
What did Homer Simpson used to say? "Awww crap." Where's that good weather the whole Chessy crowd is always bragging about? Sorry Ron, had to vent.
All U Get

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
What pray tell is the european model....another new name for storms, micro bursts, super storms, I can't keep up. eeek..Red

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
The "European" model is just a modeling software for weather prediction that is a bit different than some of the models used by NOAA.
The "European" model correctly predicted the path of h'cane Sandy about 1 week out, well before the NOAA models started to agree on a shift to the west and the Jersey shore.
These 'models' just extrapolate from current conditions to predict weather "X" days away.

Status
Not open for further replies.