Storing bedding/towels etc on boat?

Oct 8, 2013
Hunter 356 Connecticut
Hi,
We are trying to figure out best way to store bedding/linens/towels etc on our boat to keep them as fresh as possible and moisture/must free..I didn't know if there was any sort of moisture proof storage bags that you can purchase or if there are other options..Any help and suggestions would be really appreciated!
Everyone has been very helpful to us on this board and we thank you! New to boating, we seem to have tons of questions.

Best,
Lauri

Jun 27, 2012
hunter 23 Acton Lake Hueston Woods State Park Oxford OH
Possible to store them in those storage bags that you vac out the air. (?)

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
During the season we just leave them on a shelf. In the storage season we put them into kitchen garbage bags and store on the same shelf.

Swan

Jan 19, 2012
Hunter 31' Apponaug RI
We've used large zip lock type storage bags for our sleeping bags and pillows and it kept them pretty fresh through the summer. I believe they sell good ones at bed bath snd beyond. We would leave a small section open and squish it down to get as much air out as possible and seal it. I have to get new ones as they had a leak after 2 seasons

Jan 18, 2013
Hunter 340 Bayfield Ontario
We leave our mattresses on board but raise them up on pool noodles so the air gets to circulate around them. Towels go home to store.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 376 Warsash, England --
The knack is to have a dry and leak-proof boat in the first place. Like Ritch we just put them on the various shelves etc. Mind you we don't race so there are no wet sails or spinnakers being shoved below!

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
We use the "space bags" - you put your stuff in, zip them shut, and then use a vacuum to suck out all the air. works great, not only keeps them dry but compresses them to take less space

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Don't use bath towels..too hard to dry after use. I use a chamois. Works pretty good after you get use to it.

Oct 14, 2005
1983 Hunter H34 North East, MD
Storage bags...

I do the same as Swan. Even with a dry boat you get humidity and condensation with temp swings. The large Zip-Lock bags made for home storage work great.

Mar 19, 2010
Hunter 1997 376 Ventura, CA
I have one cabinet that has a heat stick mounted inside that we store all our things that we want to keep dry and moisture free.