Storage on Cat 310

Jul 2, 2010
Catalina 350 Sandusky, OH
I’m looking to buy a Cat 310 and was curious about the amount of storage and lockers on board. Also any insights on your likes and dislikes

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
My wife and I cruise our 310 for about 5 months of the year and there is lots of storage in the cockpit lockers especially if you replace the 20 gallon HWH with a smaller unit. In addition, under both settees in the salon there is storage. But the key for us while cruising is we have removed the aft cabin cushions which are now in the attic at home and use the aft cabin for storage. We would not be able to cruise very well without that space. We also removed the V-berth door and the large table in the salon and store them at home to reduce clutter and free up space. This fold-down table has been a great addition to the salon.20220317_083712.jpg20220317_083635.jpg

Oct 4, 2014
Catalina 310 73 Monterey
Very important- wine storage in the bilge. Keeps it fairly cool.
Installed by the previous owner. I'm pretty sure it was written up in the newsletter, he wrote quite a few articles on projects and upgrades to the 310.

Attachments

Oct 4, 2014
Catalina 310 73 Monterey
My wife and I cruise our 310 for about 5 months of the year and there is lots of storage in the cockpit lockers especially if you replace the 20 gallon HWH with a smaller unit. In addition, under both settees in the salon there is storage. But the key for us while cruising is we have removed the aft cabin cushions which are now in the attic at home and use the aft cabin for storage. We would not be able to cruise very well without that space. We also removed the V-berth door and the large table in the salon and store them at home to reduce clutter and free up space. This fold-down table has been a great addition to the salon.View attachment 208749View attachment 208750
I like the idea of removing the aft cabin cushions and storing them off the boat, but I don't think I can sell the idea. My wife has ideas about entertaining guests and someone sleeping back there, but in the 8 years we've owned the boat only one person spent one night in the aft bunk. Other than being in the way when I need to access components under the bunk, which is only occasionally, it's not a big deal.
We did remove the door to the V-berth long ago. I like the small salon table, but she likes the big one.