Stern Seat/Locker leak B373

JHorr

Oct 9, 2019
Beneteau 373 New Bern
I have a Beneteau 373. I'm getting rain water in the aft seat/ stern locker. I was able to reinact the leak with a hose. I tried putting weather strip around the edges of the locker tops but they still leak. Seems ok around hinges and hardware. The overlap of the seats should be reasonably waterproof but they don't seem to be. Any other Beneteau owner run into this problem? Thanks John- Witchcraft.

Aug 27, 2014
Beneteau 373 San Diego
I have the same mystery water that seems to happen in the bottom of the aft starboard lazarette but have had some on the port one too. I have found that aggressive hosing is the culprit. I just take it easy when rinsing the boat. Heavy rain could do it too. Enough water has to build up to jump over the rim of the opening. My inspection showed no other obvious source of the water.

JHorr

Oct 9, 2019
Beneteau 373 New Bern
I have the same mystery water that seems to happen in the bottom of the aft starboard lazarette but have had some on the port one too. I have found that aggressive hosing is the culprit. I just take it easy when rinsing the boat. Heavy rain could do it too. Enough water has to build up to jump over the rim of the opening. My inspection showed no other obvious source of the water.

JHorr

Oct 9, 2019
Beneteau 373 New Bern
Yes, same thing, aggressive hosing and heavy rain. Wondering if anyone had any remedies.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
In my case I found the leak was from the torn baffle of the speaker on my C36.