Stern Railing Beneteau First 285

Aug 7, 2021
Beneteau 285 Dinner Key
Hi there!.
Unfortunately our First was damaged by another sailboat who got loose during a storm.
Besides the fiberglass damage, starboard stern rail it is ruined,
Any idea of where to get a replacement from or how to give the specs to a custom fabricator?
Thank you in advance for any advice, best.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Find a shop that makes pulpits for boats. Our local shop (Railmakers of Everett) came to the boat. Sales man measured the base locations. Took the original unit and used it as a guide. Came back in 2 weeks with the replacement. Placed it on the boat to dry fit. Needed to rework one of the verticals. Brought it back to the boat. Perfect install.

Feb 14, 2015
Beneteau First285 Wilson harbor
I had the same trouble and contacted Beneteau USA who ordered one from France for me.. Three nuts and it dropped right in.

Aug 7, 2021
Beneteau 285 Dinner Key
I had the same trouble and contacted Beneteau USA who ordered one from France for me.. Three nuts and it dropped right in.
Hi WNYSobstad!, Can you please pass me Beneteau USA contact info?. Sorry to ask you but how much did they charge you?

Feb 14, 2015
Beneteau First285 Wilson harbor
RW! After thinking about it some more I recall that I did this soon after Beneteau shifted all customer support to their dealers. I worked locally with RCR Yachts who ultimately ordered the part. As for the cost, it was an insurance claim and I blissfully forget these details as soon as they are past. I do recall it was "pricy", $800. ? but like I said it just dropped right in no reworking needed.

try BENETEAU Services | Our Experts At Your Service and see what they can do for you!

Hope that helps some.

May 17, 2010
Beneteau 361 New Bern NC
Our 361 port rail was damaged in hurricane Isaias last year. Local fabrication was not easy to get so we ordered a replacement from Beneteau in South Carolina. Delivery was about 6 weeks and probably less cost the the local shops were quoting.