Stern Pulpit weight for shipping

Oct 18, 2020
Catalina 22 Hilton Head SC USA
I am trying to find a company who will ship a stern pulpit, but first I need to figure out the weight of the pulpit itself. I have looked through 99% of all of google in the entire universe and can't find an answer ! :) Has anyone shipped anything large and odd shaped and if so, what companies do you recommend ? UPS and the USPS will not shipping something so large. Does anyone have any idea how much it weighs?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
You should be able to find the weight per foot of the ss tubing. Measure what you have and figure it out. Don't know about the shipping, but I'd Google "oversized package shipping" for starters. Good luck.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I shipped an outboard with DHL. You could probably take it to a major drop off and they will weigh it.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020
Ok.... I weighed myself without it and then with it and it's 7 lbs. Wow... It's huge and only weighs 7 lbs! It's 6'8" by 2'6" and 1'6" high. I'll start with DHL. Thanks for suggestions !

Attachments

Oct 18, 2020
UPS said that due to it's odd shape and size, regular UPS wouldn't ship, but their UPS freight would, but it would be $400+ ! OMG A new one from Catalina Direct is over $600 + shipping, so I guess it's still a good deal, but holy moly.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Check out Greyhound Bus shipping services. Their service is based on a terminal to terminal delivery. Here's the link for additional information. It's not as convenient as UPS, DHL or other conventional shipping methods because you have to pick up your package from one of the bus terminals. On the plus side, it's a lot less expensive

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
The crate/structure you will need to built to protect it will weight more than the item.