Stepping up!

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Big news- after contracting a serious case of 2footitis, I purchased a '98 H260 about a month ago and sold our '98 H240 today! The 260 is in great shape and I look forward to getting it in the lake soon. Lots of questions to follow I'm sure. We loved the 240, but the 260 looks even better.
Crazy Dave- my 240 is headed to Smith Mt. Lake in VA, so keep an eye out for her there.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Private email with new owner and contact number. Can you confirm that 260 came from me? You know I will be glad to help you sir. @ Caverun

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Big news- after contracting a serious case of 2footitis, I purchased a '98 H260 about a month ago and sold our '98 H240 today! The 260 is in great shape and I look forward to getting it in the lake soon. Lots of questions to follow I'm sure. We loved the 240, but the 260 looks even better.
Crazy Dave- my 240 is headed to Smith Mt. Lake in VA, so keep an eye out for her there.
Hey @caverun

Did you sell it to a guy named Kevin Leap? I know this guy well and he called me tonight to tell me he just bought a 240.

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
@rgranger Yes, sold it to Kevin- he pulled it home today. Great guy, so happy it is going to a good owner. I learned to sail at SML as a kid, so funny how things work out.

And Dave, yes, I think the '98 260 is one of your boats- the shore power and battery switch in the port cockpit locker is a dead giveaway!

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I first met Kevin on the water. It was a cold and windy September 2010 and I was out on the lake deep reefed in a macgregor 22. I was on a starboard tack. These two lunatics in wet suites were flying a hull on a hobie (or maybe a princely) on a collision course. They were locked in with hiking straps and standing on the windward hull. They were still a ways off and they looked like they were having a blast so I veered to pass behind. One of the sailors on the hobie yelled “thank youuuuuuuuuuuu” as they ripped past. Later that evening Kevin stopped by my house at the lake and introduced himself. Turns out his place was only two houses down the same cove as mine and he recognized my boat tied off as the one on the water that day. Small world stuff.