Steaming Light Bulb replacement Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Terry Griggs

I don't know if there is a standard bulb replacement Number for the steaming light, (mast head, not anchor light), but before I haul myself up the mast two or three times, because I have no replacement bulb in my bosun's chair the 1st time, I wonder if someone might have recorded a number for the bulb. That may save someone a heart attack while trying to winch this two hundred pounder up and down the mast too many times, ha!!!! This would be for a 1983 34' Hunter. (And narturally I imagine there were 200 manufacturer's of such an animal, right)? hirez@concentric.net Tnx much Terry

R

Ron S.

Mine is..

I have an '85 H34 and just replaced them all. Mast head has 2 Perko FIG 71's and steaming light has a single FIG 71

G

Gene Kinney

Masthead light and Steaming Light for H40

Would it be the same for an '85 H40 as an 85 H34? The lights on my mast do not work. The seller said they weren't plugged in. Hard to believe that and hard to believe they'd both go out at the same time. So, I think I'll have the mast lifted and test for juice from the battery to the deck and use a 12V battery to test the lights when it's lifted. But if they are both out, I'd like the spares right there to save time and money. Gene Kinney S/V Triumph

D

Dave C.

Steaming Light Replacement

My former '86 H34 used AquaSignal fixtures on everything. Since bulbs are comparatively cheap. Look up the replacements for both a Perko and AquaSignal and get one of each before you head up the mast. A word of caution... If you have the AquaSignal combo steaming/deck light remove the halogen bulb from the deck light before attempting to change the other light bulb. When you loosen the fixture to remove the steaming bulb the deck light bulb will shoot out like a rocket, downward to destruction on the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.