Starting When Start Battery is Dead?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
My solution was to jump from the house bank and it worked. Simple and effective.
Oh, boy, Terry. We're gonna have a great discussion at grandmas' house about this. :)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Oh...don’t wait til g'mas house....
It will have to wait.
I'm too busy finding the
pair of jumper cables
that I need to carefully place on the battery terminals in a pitching dark boat at night. Red to red, or is it red to black? Or red to yellow?
Geez this is so much more fun than just flipping a switch!!!:)

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Ok...when you guys meet up with Stu, try and have some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale aboard. His favorite cruising beer...

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
It will have to wait.
I'm too busy finding the that I need to carefully place on the battery terminals in a pitching dark boat at night. Red to red, or is it red to black? Or red to yellow?
Geez this is so much more fun than just flipping a switch!!!:)
Easiest of all is to keep the charge on the start battery and replace when needed. :)

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Replace the cole solenoid with a Blue Seas ACR 7622 with remote operator problem resolved.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
It’s not always possible to use jumpers. Yes if you’ve drained the thing or it’s just old yes

A couple of dead cells those cables will get hot and house drained for nothing. You need to remove batteries with dead cells from the circuit. I wouldn’t want to use jumpers on terminals not connected to a battery. Thus the switches.

Aug 18, 2018
Hunter 410 MDR
Jumper cables, saved my butt once, probably won't need them again for another 5 years or so but I wouldn't leave a dock without them.