Starter for Universal 5416

Jun 13, 2013
Oday 30 Jamaica Bay
I am urgently looking for a starter for a Universal Atomic diesel 5416, anybody can help?

Jun 13, 2013
Oday 30 Jamaica Bay
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I think that engine is a Kubota Z751 block. Best bet would be to take the starter to a Kubota tractor dealer and talk to those guys.

Jun 13, 2013
Oday 30 Jamaica Bay
I spoke to one of them and they assigned the L175 L185 Kubota Starter. I ordered one overnight, but unfortunately, the nose mount is too small,.....I got another Denso based one, which was a rebuild, nose fits but the starter itself is too big and doesn't fit into the space... :-( I keep looking.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Starters are an easily rebuildable item.. Search your local area for auto /truck electrics.. You'd be surprised how quickly and less expensive this can be done.

Jun 13, 2013
Oday 30 Jamaica Bay
Yeap I guess that's the way to go, I have located one company with a good track record, let's see how it turns out.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Yeap I guess that's the way to go, I have located one company with a good track record, let's see how it turns out.
Rebuilding is the way. It's your starter that came from your boat and you know that it WILL fit right back where it came from. When I did my rebuild I had to fight with rusted bolts in the removal process. Out smarted myself in the replacement process. Decided to use stainless bolts.. For some reason, stainless has less than useable grounding capabilities. The starter would not turn. Replaced with the original bolts and instantly had ground and starting. Hmm.