Starboard settee on C-27

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Cooper

In my looking for a C-27 to purchase, I have noticed that in the Traditional layout some starboard settees pull out to make a double berth and some do not. Was there a certain year when this was started or has it just been an option ? I prefer the pull-out settee, so any info as to what year or serial # could help me with my search to purchase one.

R

Randy

C-27 Starboard Settee

My C-27 is an '84, and it has the pull out that turns it into a double. I have no other data to offer, and don't know when the feature was first introduced. Randy

M

Mike

not a difficult mod

I have a 1978 catalina 27 that has a pullout starboard double berth. It was modified by the previous owner but it is an incredibly simple project. He used a piece of plywood the same size and width as the settee and added 3 removable legs that stow easily. it just pulls out until about 3 inches are still on the edge of the settee and there are two holes drilled that line up through the plywood and into the settee. There are two pins you drop in these holes to hold it in place. He also added teak trim to the front so when it is stowed under th cushion you can't tell it's there. The truth is though We never use it I'm 6'4" tall and it just isn't long enough. I really like the berth under the cockpit. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.