Starboard Salon Table

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
For years I have been thinking about making a table for my wife who sits in the small settee on the starboard side of the salon. Now that we are living aboard for months at a time it is now or never. Just finished the installation today and it looks good, flips up and down and seems to be very sturdy. The Admiral actually was not that interested in this but I insisted and persisted and I think over time she will really
like it. Table is a piece of teak from our previous boat. 20210423_134613.jpg20210423_134630.jpg

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I like it! I think a lot of C310 owners will want to do this. I am keeping it in mind. We currently have a small table at the port settee, but the person that slides in behind it first is stuck there until somebody moves. Your table would be a nice option.
BTW, our full sized table is still in it's storage space in the aft cabin. Do you normally use the full size?

Jan 17, 2013
I like it! I think a lot of C310 owners will want to do this. I am keeping it in mind. We currently have a small table at the port settee, but the person that slides in behind it first is stuck there until somebody moves. Your table would be a nice option.
BTW, our full sized table is still in it's storage space in the aft cabin. Do you normally use the full size?
Tom, no we use the small table. Our full size table is off the boat in the attic in my house. Right next to the v-berth door and aft cabin cushions. When you cruise as a couple you really find out what you need and don't need onboard.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Awesome. I'd love some details in the hinge and support.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Nice! Did the handle above the fold out drawer come with the boat, or did you add it? Is it a bump hazard?

Jan 17, 2013
Nice! Did the handle above the fold out drawer come with the boat, or did you add it? Is it a bump hazard?
Yes the handle was there and I assumed it was standard on all 310's but maybe not? It is not a bump hazard at all, it is very low profile.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Yes the handle was there and I assumed it was standard on all 310's but maybe not? It is not a bump hazard at all, it is very low profile.
That handle is very, well, handy. We don't have one on our C310. The grab bar on the cabin roof works well for me, but is a bit of a reach for the Admiral.