Starboard List

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerry Viers

With the reefer compressor, fuel tank, three batteries, battery charger, galley, hot water tank, holding tank and head all on the stbd side the BAYVIEWER has a definite stbd list dockside. What is the easiest solution other than changing the name of the boat to STARBOARD LIST???

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Well 'Starboard' Gerry....

...could you use some 4D additional battery power??:) RD

Y

Yves Langlois

Move weight

I had the same problem on my 34, I moved the batteries and the compressor to port and it did the trick, no more stardboard list. It's a lot of work though. Yves

S

Scott Johnston

Yves - Where to ?

Also have the standard starboard list on our H34. I know you can move batteries to the port side under the sea berth next to the water tank. Haven't done it yet but interested in where your battery switch ended up. Seems like a long run to the starter motor so I will probably leave the starter battery in the starboard locker. What about the charger? Interested in the configuration you ended up with. Thanks, Scott. 83-H34 Island Hops.

D

Doug

Sand bag it...sail instead of re-wire

We have a 33.5 (1988) and have an inch or so more bottom paint showing on the port side as well. I am going to toss an 80 lb sack of sand under the settee on the port side. I have already guestimated that is the amount of weight I will need. I know that is adding weight to my boat. But afterall I have a loaded up cruiser, not a race boat. This would be about the same as taking our 10 year old neighbor along for a ride with us and a ton less work than re-wiring the whole boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.