Stanshion

Mar 27, 2021
Hunter 306 Lake Pepin
Yes. Or no. Maybe?

Seriously though, a slightly bent stanchion can likely be bent back, but if it’s bent too much it may lose strength and should be replaced. If it looks bad, you should probably replace.

Assuming you have a bent stanchion, it might be helpful to post a photo.

Apr 16, 2020
Catalina Capri 22 Lake Travis
I would first make sure that there are no issues with where the stanchion attaches to the deck. A force that can bend a stanchion, especially with leverage, may have ripped some threads. Make sure there is no play at the base. Other than that, imho, it is a cosmetic issue

Jul 13, 2011
Capri 22 MK1 659 Canandaigua Lake
I tweaked one in a tragic trailer backing incident. The tip was about 4" or so out of position and there were no kinks in the tubing. I removed it from the boat to fix it because I didn't want to risk cracking the deck. I bolted the base to a 2 x 6 x 5' and clamped it upside down in a padded vise. I was able so slowly and carefully move it back into shape. I also hammered the little wrinkle out of the base plate. I was surprised at how malleable the stainless tubing was. Go slowly and don't kink it. I was very tempted to remove all four stanchions from the boat because I think they're too low to provide much security.