Standing Rigging Mast Step Pearson 323

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2007
Pearson- 323- Mobile,Al
We are planning to go cruising next year and I am planning to replace my rusted mast step and standing rigging. Norseman??Swaged?? Anyone with advice on how to replace this stuff???

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson 323 Bayfield
MoonSailor, I see this post is old. If you're still listening, there are posts in the past (I think several years ago) about machining an aluminum mast step out of a solid block of aluminum. MetalMast has done it for some of the forum members and presumably has the drawings to do it again. You should be able to find them via Google.

It seems most of the problems have been rust at the base of the mast, not the step. The mast step previous posts have talked about is a raised step. I just did this in a crude fashion. I had 3 2x2 steel tubes cut to the width of the step and welded them in place. Looks tacky but works fine. Cost around $100.

I replaced all rigging. I just took the old to the yard and asked them to replace. I used conventional swagging but I sail on fresh water. For the entire standing rigging it cost about $2200.

geoff

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.