St4000+ Drive Belt Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2014
lockley-newport 23 sarasota
I am planning to purchase a spare drive belt for my RayMarine ST4000+ autopilot. i have sourced the belt and am ready to purchase. The minimum order is 2 pieces and i don't expect to live that long. This one is a 'just in case' spare. So, that being said, is there anyone out there interested in going in on the purchase? The cost is $15.72 plus shipping. Let me know directly to my e-mail address: joef@vdot.net.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
I have a '95 model and have not (yet!) needed a new belt. Now I wonder if I am on borrowed time!
I will take that spare if it is the same as the one in my enclosed drive ring that the motor is attached to.

Let me know if you still have it.

Thanks,
L

Nov 5, 2014
Don't Know

i cannot guarantee that this is the belt for your unit. i found a post on another site talking about a replacement belt for ST4000+ and the fact that ray marine is not stocking this item. the guy mentioned the source he found that had the belt and posted its part number and company name. i contacted them with the p/n and they said that they still stock it and that the price is $15.72 + shipping and that there is a minimum order of 2. since i'm buying this to put in my 'spares' box, not as an immediate replacement, i thought i'd try and find someone who would like to go in with me and take the extra. if more than one person wants one, i'll order however many they total to and distribute as required. my unit is older also and i just don't feel like getting caught on a trip, no matter how short, without having a spare.

again, please contact me directly by e-mail at joef@vdot.net if you are interested.

AXEL

Mar 12, 2008
Catalina C30 MKIII WEST ISLIP, NY
I needed a belt replacement after the first 3 years on my ST4000. The replacement seems to be lasting a bit longer so far but I recall Raymarine saying the belts only last 3 - 5 years. I also remember paying around $35 for one belt.

May 10, 2004
Catalina 30 Puget Sound
I bought two belts two years ago from a link I got on this BB. The length was right but the teeth were slightly different. The belts didn't work.

Nov 5, 2014
Just Checked

i was concerned also about the exact fit, so i asked the contact if the part number i had was correct for a ray marine st4000+ autopilot. his reply was that it was 'close', but he gave me a slightly different p/n and said that this was the one that works. since ray marine is not offering a replacement and the guy seems to know what an st4000+ is, i am willing to take his word that the belt will work. my plan is to actually speak to him prior to placing the order so that i am more comfortable that we''re talking apples to apples, or in this case, a.p. to a.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.