St. Croix Folding Ladder for Inflatable Boats

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it?

Thanks,

jv

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
We could use one of those ladders. The boat in the picture looks just like one of our coach boats.

Though with eight year olds you just grab them by the back of the vest and toss them in the boat.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
We could use one of those ladders. The boat in the picture looks just like one of our coach boats.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
What has me wondering is why the ladder is going out of production. If it is such a good and needed product, then there should be sufficient demand to keep making them. This isn't like marine electronics where new bells and whistles are added every year.

Last summer I had to pull a woman out of the water on to my RIB, it was surprisingly difficult (made more so because she wasn't my wife and I was a little more careful about what I grabbed). So my interest is based on experience and that my nearly septuagenarian body may not be able to launch itself back into the RIB if I part ways with it.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
What has me wondering is why the ladder is going out of production. If it is such a good and needed product, then there should be sufficient demand to keep making them. This isn't like marine electronics where new bells and whistles are added every year.

Last summer I had to pull a woman out of the water on to my RIB, it was surprisingly difficult (made more so because she wasn't my wife and I was a little more careful about what I grabbed). So my interest is based on experience and that my nearly septuagenarian body may not be able to launch itself back into the RIB if I part ways with it.
So that's why we wear our inflatable vests.....

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
So that's why we wear our inflatable vests.....
How does that help one get back in the RIB?

dj
Have you ever jumped in the water with an inflatable vest? Once they inflate, you will rocket out of the water. The problem is that you may over shoot the RIB. :biggrin:

But seriously, that won't happen, at least I won't attest to it happening. My real thought is about rescue situations like I mentioned earlier and using the dinghy to get to an off the beach reef to go snorkeling or swimming. We senior (where's the discount) citizens aren't as spry as we once were.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I quite like the ladder idea - just wasn't sure how the inflatable vest was helping to get back in the RIB. Now, the rocket idea had not occured to me but I now want to go try it! LOL

dj

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Could the use of such a ladder tip over one of the smaller inflatables without a counter weight? I tip the scales at 230 lbs. and the boat and engine barely weight 105 lbs. I'm familiar with oar inflatable bags use to remount in Kayaks with out tipping them over

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I'd make one out of webbing. You won't need to worry about a hard ladder up against a soft rib.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
They are called "paddle floats", sorry for the wrong terminology. They allow the use of the paddle as an outrigger to stabilize the boat while reboarding.

Attachments

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Could the use of such a ladder tip over one of the smaller inflatables without a counter weight?
Not likely. I have a 9.5' AB rib, I sincerely doubt even someone of your size could flip it climbing that ladder.