ST 60 wind vane

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP

Oct 8, 2006
- - Aus
Has anyone ever had a problem with their mast head wind vane? I think the vane part(directional stability) part of the vane has blwon of. The wind instrument is reading widely out. Is it an easy task to replace? I realise one has to go up the mast, but are the fittings easy to release and re make? Any ideas? Graham.

MikeH

Jan 7, 2004
Hunter 260 Perrysburg, OH
Easy to replace

Graham, I have the ST60 and it is a plug-in and screw ring connection. You unscrew the connection ring at the base of the rod and then pull out the rod to remove the unit. However before you do that, be sure the vane has blown off by examining it with binoculars. If it has not blown off you might only need to adjust the vane's offset display on the instruments. If you look in your owners manual you'll quickly see the procedure. You go into programming mode on the display and change the degrees of offset the wind indicates. If you don't have an owners manual you can find it at the link below. Mike

GP

Oct 8, 2006
- - Aus
Thanks,

Mike, Thanks for the info. I'll take a better look this afternoon with my bins. I thought about adjustment but didn't think it could be that far out. Anyway thanks for the tip and I'll rvert with my findings. Graham.

GP

Oct 8, 2006
- - Aus
Windvane

Mike, Now confirmed it is the vane which has lost part of its fin. I think spare parts are available from Raymarine or agents. Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.