Springtime with my motor (s)

HERSH

Nov 21, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 http://www.chelseayacht.org
Well my 1987 Evinrude fired right up this spring in the bucket with last years gas/oil mixture.

Launched the boat and motored to the mooring. Added new fuel/oil.

The following Saturday I tried to start the motor -- no luck Start- Die.
Disconnect the fuel pump from the carb and pulled the starter a few times. Yes the fuel pump was pumping.

Took the fuel bowl off the carb and didn't see any sediment. Re-assembled -- still same problem

Too many things to do in the spring -- so I drove to Defender.com ( 200 miles round trip) and purchased a new 4 hp Tohatsu 20" shaft.

Now, trying to decide if I want to work on the Evinrude.

The F-N-R on the Tohatsu (59lbs) is nice, but the 35 lb Evinrude has it's benefits.

Hershey

Mar 11, 2014
That's why we sail... Every time I need to take the out board off the Capri I keep kicking my self for not swapping the current 5hp four stroke that came with the Capri for the 8 hp 2 stroke that I had on my Catalina 22... That motor would run on any age of gas and weighed half as much...

So far I've taken the 4 stroke off the boat and replaced it with a 3 hp trolling motor... Just way too much weight hanging off the stern, now I just need to move the battery to behind the cooler as it is on the Mark 1s...

Attachments