Spring cleaning the marine head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 380 16 Rochester NY
I really wanted to title the post "Lubing my marine head" ...but it sounded a bit too 'silly'

When I'm adding Teflon grease to the head to keep everything good, where do I put the grease.

There are a number of possible openings around the pump area and I'm not sure exactly where to go, the directions are a bit vague.

It's a Raritan manual head and I've included a generic picture below.

There is a square nut on the front of the pump, there is a threaded nut that the pump actually goes down through and there is a 'reservoir' behind the pump with a threaded cap on it.

Thanks for the help to a stupid question
Chris

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 380 16 Rochester NY
Thanks, I have the manual. It just says lubricate the piston rod. Nothing more.

I did place lube in the inlet where the piston rod goes into the pump, just wanted to make sure this was what they were talking about. For some reason I had visions of some cavernous intake area that I would squeeze a whole tube of Super Lube into.

Thanks!
Chris

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Chris, "Nothing more" is not the case, it goes on to say "Apply Super Lube to all moving parts." Right?

What we're saying, based on years of reading Peggie Hall's great advice, is that you slather or spray Super Lube INSIDE the body of pump. The piston goes up and down inside and needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.